Friday 8 December 2006

Brief recap - London 5mths later

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:46:11 +1000 (EST)
From: Arlyn Santos arlyn_2222@yahoo.com.au
Subject: So far...

Hello, it's been a while.

I hope everyone is well.
I know some of you more so, with engagement notices coming from left-right-and centre!

It's been nearly 5months since arriving in the UK, and it's gone so quickly. I honestly can't complain about anything, good job, great flat, opportunities to see (free) live concerts all around London during the summer, have been to numerous theatre/musical productions now, checkout different markets in the city, have done general sightseeing on weekends; meeting new-interesting-crazy people; have been to Brighton (pebble beach! whats with that?!), caught up with Nikki on the August long weekend-she lives in Ferlongly - Warickshire. Absolute gem of girl. Took me everywhere! Went to WarickCastle and got to see jousting, Shakespeares birthplace at Stratford Upon Avon plus other historic buildings, Nikki took me to Broadway, a quaint period looking town, and Coventry.
Took advantage of London open house today. They allowed free access to historic buildings which normally are either not opened to the public, or not on weekends, or you normally have to pay admission. One of the buildings I queued up for (two hours!) was the Bank of England, they allowed access to the Govenors office and official rooms and gave you a run-down of its history.

I make a conscious effort to avoid the Tube and catch buses wherever I can (much to your dismay Chook-I know). I'd much prefer seeing the beautiful architecture and people-watching rather than stare at gloomy faces in the tube and walk out of there with a blackened-snotty nose stained by the air underground.

Weather here is getting colder unfortunately. Everyone has warned me to prepare for it or otherwise I'll die!! Am looking forward to seeing snow fall though, can't believe I'm actually going to have a cold Xmas Yay!

Will be going to Africa on Thursday for total 18days. Fly into Jo'burg, and doing a camping tour in Namibia, Botswana, and ending probably the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls ....can't wait!! Might be going to the Netherlands in November.

Take care now,

Always

A xoxo

No comments: