Sunday 10 December 2006

Cupids keys

I spent time today having afternoon tea, dinner and coffee/hot chocolate with Familiar Surrounds. I felt the same warmth from this Place as I have in the past 10 or so years. Everything outside is still well groomed and quite attractive, and inside all the furniture, lighting, fixtures and ornaments were still there, most in the exact same spot as where I had left it last.

I did eventually start seeing a few changes. Since the last rendezvous here, I noticed this evening that some of the curtains had been changed, there was a different light / glow in the Property, there were new DVD's on the shelves which I didn't recognise, and the music in the background had a melancholic and indifferent undertone.

Someone had changed the ambience while I was away. This Place that was so intimate and protected is not so exclusive anymore.

It was very late by the time I left this Venue and walked out the door, but as I did so I realised that my VIP card had expired today. The privalege of having access to all areas is now gone. The security door closed behind me and there was no going back without a key.

My heart sank.

It is still sinking.

I'm now locked out of Home I knew so well. So many good memories. So much attention and affection enjoyed here. I thought I could enjoy this Castle forever with children, family and friends.

There's no point looking back as I don't have the keys.

I don't have the keys.

My heart sank.

It is still sinking.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi A,

Metaphorical?....i think I know who you're talking about.

Hugs to you honey.

Calley xoxoxo