Thursday 14 December 2006

From Art crawl to Sofitel slop

Hmmm, let's see...

* On Sunday I tagged along James' Bethnal Green contemporary art gallery crawl. He showed us several studios and galleries which were quite inconspicuous - some you would never have suspected there would be anything interesting behind the ordinary, plane, unmarked doors we walked through. Below are some of the ones I can remember:

http://www.heraldst.com/
http://www.fred-london.com/
http://www.vinespace.net/
http://www.davidrisleygallery.com/

Yoko and I later hit Tesco's (for peeps back home who haven't been to the uk, Tesco's would be the equivalent to Woolworths groceries) to get supplies for dinner at her joint. James dropped by just when we were about to serve vegetable stroganoff (as we didn't have meat) on the table - an entrance timed to perfection :-)

* Monday...mustn't have been too exciting cos I can't remember anything outstanding, except wrap a christmas present.

* Tuesday had a pleasant start to the day, when my dear friend Lozza rang out of the blue to say g'day from Melbourne. A friendly voice which pepped me up and gave me comfort and faith which I so need at the moment.
-- Hats off to you Lozza and Azedah--

We had an influx of hotel reps visiting at work today, dropping off snacks, xmas goodies and general paraphernalia. That's one good thing about this time of year, we're never short of xmas food at work.

Last night we had our team xmas dinner. We decided to go to Tex Mex at Notting Hill. Nice to see the group out once in a while outside business hours. Half don't usually go out after work as they are older with families so it was good to see everyone enjoying themselves.
I loved my secret santa present. I scored a digital photography guide and a beautiful hand knitted scarf. Found out later that it was from my boss - gotta say he can be pretty cool when he wants to be.

* Today...work as usual of course. Had to ring IT helpdesk for the umpteenth time as a server update overnight affected my PC and had to get my logon sorted and links put back in.
Most of us later went to the Sofitel as we were asked to schmooze. Most hotel functions are plastic the best of times and the usual London Sofitel reps didn't do anything tonight to change that perception. However, I was surprised to meet the Paris Sofitel reps there which is not usual. They were actually quite lovely, one I spoke to more in particular, and it ended up being almost a D&M session. Wasn't expecting to get love and life advice from a complete stranger but it was pleasant and gave me alot to think about.

Got home to catch Marina chatting on the net.
She did send me a spooky link. Basically colourgenetics - choose your colours and see how this interperates your personality. Mine was quite spooky, alot of it was spot-on for me:

http://www.paulgoldinresearch.com/cg/

Time to say goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Arlyn..... your a busy lady! Thanks for putting my link on your blog. I have the grand total of 2 friends on their!!!! I need friends!!!!!!

Hope you have a fab Crimbo & new Year and remember to give me a dat when you want to come up North!
xx