Friday 8 December 2006

Brief recap - London

Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 07:24:04 +1000 (EST)
From: Arlyn Santos arlyn_2222@yahoo.com.au
Subject: London town

Kooee,

Hope everyone is well.

Have been in London for over a month now. The days arestarting to get longer and warmer, I've got the Tubepretty much sussed out, and am starting to settle into"normal" life.

Got my job and flat on the same day, two weeks ago. Iam living in a beaut place at Swiss Cottage, and amtemping with BTI at their McKinsey implant. I wasbracing myself for the worst as I've heard some horrorstories working in travel over here, but I couldn'tbelieve my luck, the people at this implant are sofriendly, and we get the McKinsey perks - free inhousegym, and breakfast and lunch (yahoo!). KensingtonPalace is just behind my building so I often have mylunch in the Gardens. AND no word of a lie - I made atransfer booking for Chelsea Clinton (whom I didntknow worked for McKinsey til then).

As far as sightseeing goes, the parks here aregorgeous, particularly around where I live, Greenwichis beautiful, Big Ben is big, Trafalgar Square and allaround there is sensational, the royal Changing of theguards was facinating but boring, the mixture ofpeople here is absolutely amazing, and thearchitecture everywhere is exquisite, not to mentionthe shopping - I seriously don't know where to startlooking! I haven't started on the museums andgalleries yet, but that will soon change.

Hope everyone is well.Drop us a line sometime, would love to here more newsfrom home as a 'routine' life here is starting to makeme miss home.

Take care,
Love
Arlyn

No comments: